· Tell the group the title of the song.
· If you can give a little of the background history of
the song, it
· Tell your singers the story contained in the song.
· Suggest what mood you would like to create in the song
are going to teach.
Methods of Teaching
· Present the song by singing it through.
· A recording or tape may be a help.
· Next, say the words, first in poetic style, then in the
· Learn the tune by singing it line by line.
· Then sing the whole tune, putting the melody and words
· The most important thing in singing is to “tell
· The words must be clearly enunciated and endings are
· Begin to phrase your song.
· Change your tone color to suit the words and mood.
· Work for a good unified sound.
· Try to blend the voices to sound as one.
· Encourage singers to listen to the person on either side
and keep their musical sounds alike.
· The leader must give an accurate tempo.